The Petroleum Club of Shreveport traces its origins to a 1948 meeting of oil industry employees. The group, mostly draftsmen, geologists and engineers, believed working people in the oil industry needed a place downtown where they could enjoy lunch together.
The club’s first five years were spent in the Washington-Youree Hotel. It later moved to the Petroleum Tower but returned to the Washington-Youree where it stayed until 1969. With the opening of Mid-South Towers, the club made its final move.
Today the Petroleum Club of Shreveport rivals private clubs throughout the southwest – a central location with breath-taking views of the city, outstanding food and meticulous service, and a spirit of congeniality and hospitality. Although Shreveport’s economy was once heavily dependent on petroleum, today its economy is diverse. The Petroleum Club of Shreveport reflects that diversity. The nondiscriminatory membership policy has contributed to the club’s growth and enhanced its reputation.